When you are working on a dissertation, you have to find out the layout formatting style that needs to be followed for it. Presenting your research report as per the suitable formatting will enhance your chances of getting respectable grades. There can be several style prescribed for layout formatting:
- APA (American Psychological Association)
- MLA (Modern Languages Association)
- ACS (Association of Chemical Studies)
- AP (Associated Press)
Depending upon the college from where you are pursuing your course and the subject that you are studying, you will be required to follow any one of the formatting styles mentioned above. In fact, every college customizes the way its research reports look by making slight changes to the standard style. So, it will be better to ask about such changes from your supervisor.
The formatting style will decide many elements of the research report. Some of them are:
- The font size and style that you will use for typing the report
- The material of paper that you will use
- Binding material and color of binding for the project
- Breadth of the margins
- Placement and font of titles and subtitles
- Citation style
In order to get a perfect layout, it is important that you are familiar with the style that you follow. A perfect structure and presentation is possible only when you follow the formatting style with caution.