Data collection, analysis and interpretation plays a crucial role in a research work as it provides a deeper understanding of the various concepts and frameworks used. Data analysis, when conducted in an accurate manner, can make your research. However, it should be noted that, not just performing the data analysis in a right manner gives you a higher grade, but presenting them in a comprehensive manner is what lets you climb one-step higher in your research journey.
Many a time, research scholars face challenges in crafting a data analysis chapter such as
- Presenting a large volume of data
- Inability to include data within the tables
- Demonstrating data trends and patterns
- Inability to explain to the readers the reason behind choosing the specific data collection & analysis approaches
- Including data sheets, questionnaires, etc in the appendix
To help research scholars pen-down this chapter, we have enlisted a few tried and tested tips that have the potential to make the writing process an easier one.
Prepare the structure
Data analysis chapter consists of 3 core components: introduction, body and conclusion. Before starting with the writing process, carefully plan as to what needs to be included in these sections.
- An introduction chapter must explain the purpose of your study, description of the data types and tools used to collect the data.
- This section should be followed by analysing data using conceptual theory. Explain the methods used to analyse the data and also reference the analysis with literature review.
- Next place your critical view for the results obtained and provide a conclusion for each question.
Organising huge volumes of data is indeed an arduous task. If you find data that are irrelevant to your study, cut them down. However, if the data is relevant but is difficult to organize within the text, then move it( datasheets, transcripts of interviews & focus group) to an appendix. Only the relevant pieces of information such as statistical analyses, quotes from respondents etc should be included in the data analysis chapter.
Present your data in intelligible approaches such as tables, graphs, charts, figures, and formulas. If you aren’t aware of including tables, charts etc in your dissertation, to take assistance from writers offering dissertation.
The data analysis chapter, the foundation on which you draw your conclusion and identify the patterns and give recommendations must be written in a flawless manner and self-explanatory manner.